Scholarship Program (for foreign students)
“Hanyang International Excellence Awards”
- 1) Qualifications
- International Students who have a TOPIK level certificate and achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 for the previous semester
- Those who are receiving other scholarships from other organizations, including GKS Scholarship, can’t apply for this scholarship.
- If you take a leave of absence afterward, you would be disqualified for scholarships.
- Extra points will be given depending on the TOPIK level
- Those who have the Insurance of which period is not expired.
- 2) Selection Process
- 1st step : Document screening
- 2nd step: Interview (Only for those who pass the first step)
- Required Document for the interview: Certificate of health insurance
- If you don’t submit a valid insurance card or the insurance registration certificate, you will be ineligible for the scholarship.
- 3) Benefits
- Scholarship period: 1 semester
- Award amount: Recipients will receive 70%, 50% or 30% tuition reduction according to the evaluation results.
- 4) Application method and application period
- Announcement will be made through official homepage of Office of International Affairs.
- Online application: Every year beginning of March and September.
- Interview: Every mid-March and mid-September.
- 5) Scholarship payment method: Tuition fees must be paid during the payment period, and HIEA will refund the appropriate amount to the recipients.
- Please turn in TOPIK certificate and a copy of your insurance registration certificate (insurance card) within the scholarship application period.
- 6) Inquiries: OIA 02-2220-2451
“Global Korea Scholarship”
- 1) Qualifications (MUST satisfy all)
- Must be an international student in Sophomore/Junior/Senior year
- Transfer Student: Those who can submit transcripts for more than 2 semester.
- Must hold minimum G.P.A. of 80 overall on a 100 scale
- Must hold G.P.A. 80 or above on a 100 scale from the previous semester
- Must hold TOPIK level 4 or above
- You may not apply for this scholarship
If you are receiving other scholarships from other organizations which provides you with living expenses more than 300,000KRW a month
- May duplicate with HIEA (Hanyang International Excellence awards)
- 1) Selection Process: Document screening by NIIED
- Copy of passport
- Certificate of studentship, Transcript
- Self introduction, Study Plan
- Recommendation Letter
- Documentary evidence of activities
(TOPIK certificate level 4 and higher, official scores from the English competence test such as TOEFL, TOEIC, voluntary works, record of awards etc.)
- 3) Benefits: Monthly allowance 500,000 KRW (12 months)
- 4) Application period: Announcement will be made through official homepage of NIIED on February every year
- 5) Scholarship payment method: Allowance will be transferred to recipients' bank account at the end of every month
- 6) How to apply: Check the announcement and visit the OIA to apply
- 7) Person in Charge: OIA 02-2220-2447